- 2 cups whole rolled oats
- ½ cup raw nuts, chopped ( I used hazelnuts, walnuts, almonds and cashews)
- ¼ cup seeds e.g. sunflower and pumpkin
- 2-3 tablespoons agave syrup (honey or maple syrup may be used)
- 2 tbsp virgin coconut oil
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch fine sea salt
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees celsius.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and use your hands to mix the syrup and oil well.
- If coconut oil is solid then melt before mixing so it is easier to combine.
- Spread the mixture onto a baking tray and even out so the mixture is in a thin layer.
- Bake for 10 minutes, toss the ingredients and bake for a further 5-10 minutes until slightly golden.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool before serving or storing.
- You may add some unsweetened dried fruit to the cooked granola, I’m just not a fan personally!
- Store in an airtight container & in a cool, dry place.
Perfect with almond milk as a breakfast or as a topping on some fruit with greek yoghurt as a post-workout snack, or any time for that matter 😀