-3 medium chicken fillets
-1/4 cup desiccated coconut (unsweetened)
-1/4 cup almond meal/flour
-1 tsp paprika
-1 tsp mixed herbs
-1 tsp garlic powder
-salt & pepper
-1 tsp coconut oil
(See a #flipagram of how I made mine on my instagram: http://instagram.com/caloriesandcarbs or @caloriesandcarbs)
1. Slice chicken breasts into small fillets or use mini fillets
2. Combine dry ingredients in a bowl.
3. In a separate bowl whisk the egg.
4. Heat the coconut oil in a frying pan.
5. Dip the chicken pieces one by one into the egg & then coat in the dry mixture.
6. Place in the frying pan and cook on a low heat so the chicken doesn’t dry out.
7. Cook until golden on both sides and chicken is cooked through.
8. Served with a salad as per the picture shown, or you could serve with potato or sweet potato wedges for a classic goujons & chips style meal 🙂 #CheatClean
See above the almond meal and desiccated coconut from Bob’s Red Mill brand. There are lots of brands out there, but at least you know what each looks like!
Nutritional Info (See my home-made version VS tesco brand goujons!!)
HOMEMADE CHICKEN GOUJONS
|Per Serving (1/2)||363||42g||20g||4.5g|
TESCO CHICKEN GOUJONS
|PER SERVING (1/2)||527.5||26g||33g||28g|
It’s always better knowing what you are eating!! Simple cooking beats processed, shop bought foods any day!