As we all know, nuts can be a great snack on the go or at work, but how many and what type of nuts are enough or too much?
Roasted, no salt per serving (28g or around 2 tbsp):
- Almonds 23 nuts 14g fat 6g protein 163 calories
- Brazil Nuts 7 nuts 21g fat 4g protein 184 calories
- Cashews 18 nuts 13g fat 5g protein 163 calories
- Hazelnuts 20 nuts 17g fat 4g protein 178 calories
- Peanuts 28 nuts 14g fat 5g protein 166 calories
- Pistachios 49 nuts 13g fat 6g protein 161 calories
- Walnuts 14 halves 17g fat 7g protein 173 calories
From the above we can see that the best choice with regards to quantity: calorie ratio is pistachios. You can eat more of them for fewer calories.
Obviously each of the nuts have different health benefits but if you are trying to lose weight and are eating nuts as a snack; this is a good guide to keep hunger at bay without feeling deprived.
This is often where people go wrong as they don’t know how many nuts are too many.
Sooo, go nuts 😛