- 150g Lean Minced Beef
- 1 Large White Onion
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 1 Tin Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp Natural Tomato Purée
- Coriander, fresh basil & salt/pepper to taste.
- Olive oil (around 1 tsp).
- 200g Courgette/Zucchini
- 1 Large Carrot
(Spiralize both, I added carrot just to try it out in the spiralizer & because it goes well with a bolognaise 🙂 )
- Spiralize the carrot & courgette and set aside.
- Pre-heat oven to around 180 degrees celsius.
- Split the meat into 4 large meatballs, and brown in a pan on medium heat.
- Place in oven to cook through.
- While the meat balls are cooking prepare the sauce.
- Fry off the onion and garlic before adding the tomatoes & purée. Add some basil & coriander, with a sprinkle of sea salt and leave to simmer.
- On a low-medium heat, place the courgette and carrot spirals in a pan and leave to cook through ( not too long as they can turn mushy).
- Drain any excess water.
- Remove meat balls from the oven when cooked through & add to the simmering sauce until coated.
- Plate the Courgetti & Bolognaise with meatballs and top with some fresh basil 🙂
There you have it, a wholesome meal for when you want some comfort food but don’t want the starchy carbs from regular spaghetti.