Quinoa doesn’t have to be enjoyed just for dinner guys!
- 3/4 cup cooked quinoa (red or white)
- 3/4 cup almond milk (or any milk)
- 1/2 scoop vanilla whey protein
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 apple, grated
- 2 tsp milled chia seeds (optional)
- greek yogurt to top
- Cook quinoa (until you can see little rings appearing around the quinoa).
- Mix whey protein, cinnamon and milk together.
- Add milk mixture to the quinoa and add the grated apple and chia seeds – mix well.
- Store in an airtight jar overnight and add greek yogurt and toppings of choice in the morning.
This recipe can be used by vegetarians to help increase the complete proteins in their diet.
Quinoa is one of the few plant based foods that contains the essential amino acids which we usually get from animal products.
As well as being a complete protein, quinoa has about twice the protein of other grains, fewer carbohydrates, and more healthful fats.
On it’s own quinoa doesn’t have a very high protein content, albeit complete, therefore it is worthwhile adding milk and a protein supplement (whey or a vegan blend) to help increase the overall protein content of the meal.
Don’t forget to use the hashtag #caloriesandcarbs if you give it a try! 🙂