Craving that creamy pasta but don’t want to waste 1000 odd kcals of your daily intake on the restaurant version?
This is the perfect option for you and ideal for a post workout meal with pasta being the complex carbohydrate and the chicken and bacon providing the protein needed to repair the muscles after a tough session!
- 2-3 chicken breasts
- 100g bacon, chopped small
- 200g tagliatelle pasta
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 egg
- 150g cream cheese (low fat philadelphia)
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- reserve 1/2 cup of the drained pasta water
Directions (Serves 3 portions):
- . Cook pasta as per instructions (around 8 mins). Drain pasta and keep 1/2 cup of drained water aside. Put pasta in pot and set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, whisk egg and cream cheese together until smooth. Add the parmesan and set aside.
- Heat a pan over a medium heat and onions & bacon. Fry until bacon is crispy then add garlic and chicken until chicken is cooked.
- Reduce heat and pour cream cheese mixture into the pan while stirring quickly and gently until mixed through.
- Continue stirring gently and adding the reserved water bit by bit until sauce has cooked and thickened.
- Add the sauce mixture to the pasta and toss until covered. Add more water if needed.
Let me know if you give it a try! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram! #caloriesandcarbs