- 400g lean minced beef
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 1 tin kidney beans
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1-2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3-4 medium white or sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp coconut/olive oil
- 3-4 tbsp parmesan cheese
- salt/pepper/paprika/chilli powder
- Preheat the oven to 200 C. Cut the potatoes into wedges and par boil until you can pierce them with a knife without them being too hard.
- Drain the wedges and add 1/2 tbsp oil as well as salt/pepper/paprika. Spread the wedges onto a baking tray with parchment paper and cook for 15-20 minutes in the oven, or until golden and crisp.
- Whilst the wedges are cooking, add the other 1/2 tbsp oil to a pan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic before adding the mince until brown.
- Next, add the tomato paste followed by the kidney beans and then tinned tomatoes.
- Season with salt/pepper/chilli (to taste preference) and leave to simmer over a low-medium heat.
- Remove the wedges from the oven and divide into 4 portions.
- Top with 1/4 of the chilli beef and finally add 1 tbsp shredded parmesan to top.
Perfect for a family meal that everyone will love! Can replace the wedges with rice, or why not make it into nachos by adding some nacho chips (can cut up some wraps and bake for a healthier version).