Is fruit making you fat?!

That’s a bit of a bold statement I know, but it made you click 😉 First and foremost I want to tell you before you read any further that fruit is NOT ‘bad’ for you and it does not solely make you fat. Too much of anything isn’t good for you, blah, blah, blah….but it’s…

Do You Suffer With PCOS?

So first of all, for those of you that might not know what PCOS is, it stands for Polycystic Ovary Syndrome.  PCOS has become very common in women nowadays and is thought to be affecting anything between 1 in every 5-10 women, in the UK/Ireland anyway. So what is it? PCOS can have a few…

My Top Supplement Recommendations

As I spoke about supplements and my recommendations on my Facebook Live chat last week (19th October), I said I would put my list together in a blog post so here it is! I cannot emphasise just how important it is to focus on the basics of good nutrition as well as sleep, stress, hydration…

All about macros: Fat

Before you go thinking that a low-fat diet leads to a lower body fat – it doesn’t! There is a difference between dietary fat and the fat on your body. If you over-eat foods high in fat, sending you over your recommended calorie intake, then yes it may be the cause of weight gain but it…

Can I put on weight whilst eating healthy?

How’s the New Year’s Resolutions going? Still exercising & eating healthy? Keep it up! If you have a goal that you are trying to achieve by eating healthy and training then this might interest you. It might not! Haha.

New Years Resolutions & Why they are cr*p!!

  It’s that time of year again, where we know the Festive Season will lead us to indulge in food and drink more than usual. But that’s okay, we can eat, drink & smoke whatever we want now because lets face it come January 1st we are all going to be new, improved, fit, disciplined…

HYDRATION

Hydration is part of our daily routine that we seem to let slide more than other parts-instead of treating it just as important as our food intake. We all rant and rave about our nutrition and what we eat, but how many of us forget about the most important nutrient-Water?

No-one’s perfect!

We can’t always stay on track, but don’t go off the rails just because you’ve had one bad meal. I’m a firm believer in the 90/10 rule! Eat good, real foods 90% of the week and the other 10% have something you really fancy! You don’t get skinny eating one good meal so you won’t…

A goal without a plan is just a dream

Hi everyone! Following on from the huge support that I’ve received from everybody so far, firstly I’m overwhelmed and very gracious of the response and secondly I’m even more motivated to make Caloriesandcarbs as relevant to you as possible.

Calories and Carbs Introductory Message

For those of you who don’t know me (or didn’t read my “About Me” page), my name is Alana and I am an avid health and fitness fanatic with a strong interest in nutrition and anything to do with food basically!