2 cups flaxseed meal
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
3 tbsp stevia
4 eggs beaten
1/4 cup water
1/3 cup virgin coconut oil
1 mashed banana
tsp vanilla extract (optional)
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees
2. In a medium bowl combine the flax meal, baking powder, cinnamon, sugar and salt.
3. Make a well in the centre of the dry mix and add in the beaten eggs, water, mashed banana & melted coconut oil.
4. Stir the wet and dry ingredients together & let sit for 2-3 minutes to thicken.
5. Pour the batter into a greased muffin pan/muffin cases (garnish with walnuts-optional).
6. Bake for 20-25 mins until firm in the middle. (pierce with a knife, the knife should come out clean)
7. Cool on the counter, serve & enjoy! 🙂
Low in carbs, high in fibre.
The perfect accompaniment to a nice cup of tea or coffee without the guilt of that cupcake you’d usually go for!
Serves: 12 muffins
Nutritional Information (per muffin):