-2 cups Rolled Oats (processed or blended into a flour consistency)
-2 x Medium Bananas
-170g Greek Yogurt (I use 0% Total Greek Yogurt)
-110g Apple Sauce (I used Natural as it was all I had but using Unsweetened will lower the sugar content)
-1/2 cup Agave Nectar or Honey
-1/2 cup Cacao Powder or Dark Choc Cocoa Powder
-Dark Choc Chips (OPTIONAL but I used 2 squares of Lindt Extreme Mint Dark Choc chopped up this time just cause I LOVE mint chocolate! Obviously 70% or above would be slightly healthier. Adding a few choc chips gives it a better texture and leaves it less dry)
-Walnuts (Again totally OPTIONAL -I used around 6 or 7 whole walnuts crushed into the mixture)
METHOD (Soo Easy!!)
- Pre-heat oven to 170 degrees Celsius.
- Blend/Process oats until they are a flour-like consistency.
- Combine all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl, leaving the walnuts & choc chips ‘til last.
- Fold in the walnuts & choc chips to the batter.
- Spread some coconut oil lightly in a loaf tin to prevent sticking.
- Pour the mixture into the tin and top with choc chips and crushed walnuts.
- Bake for 40-50mins or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool on a wire tray or board. (Or if you’re like me and have to try it warm then go ahead-so worth it 🙂 )
This can be had at any time of the day, even for breakfast believe it or not 😀
Or try it as a dessert with some greek yogurt and berries!
TOTAL MACROS (Per Serving – 1/6 of cake)
CHO = 57g
PROTEIN = 11g
FATS = 8.5g
CALS = 337cals