This recipe is simple, nutritious, tasty & can be adapted very easily! Paired with the broccoli & cauliflower rice I posted earlier, makes the perfect guilt-free fake-away dish for a night in! 😀
For the sauce:
- 1 tsp olive/coconut oil
- 1 chicken breast (approx 150g)
- 1 small red onion (approx 100g)
- 1/2 bell pepper, any colour (approx 80g)
- 1 large clove garlic
- 1 tbsp curry powder (medium spice)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 100ml coconut milk (Use light version to reduce Fat content)
*OPTIONAL* I like to add 1 tbsp sweetener e.g. stevia (or honey can be used) to the sauce to give it a sweeter and more mild taste. Down to personal preference!
For the “rice” see my previous post on Cauliflower rice 🙂
- Prepare all the ingredients – chop/slice/dice vegetables and meat and have spices etc ready.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan on medium heat.
- Add garlic & onions and sautee for around 1 minute before adding the peppers and chicken.
- Add the spices to the mixture and allow the chicken to cook through.
- Reduce heat & add the coconut milk, stir & leave to simmer until desired consistency is reached.
- Add sweetener/honey.
- Serve with rice or for a lower carb alternative, go for cauliflower rice as seen in my previous post. 🙂
Remind me why we use shop-bought jars of sauces? This recipe is just as easy to cook, with probably 1 or 2 extra ingredients max! For a lower salt, lower sugar content & increased nutritional value I know which one wins for me! 😛