Roasted chickpeas are a great high-protein snack & take very little preparation to make them taste amazing!
-1 tin Chickpeas
-1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
-1/2 tsp sea salt
-1/4 tsp BBQ seasoning
-1/4 tsp garlic powder
1. Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees celsius.
2. Drain chickpeas and rinse with water. Lay on a sheet of kitchen paper and pat until dry.
3. Move chickpeas onto a tray lined with baking paper. Spread evenly on the tray.
4. Drizzle the olive oil over the chickpeas.
5. Sprinkle the salt, garlic & BBQ seasoning (or any other seasoning you like).
6. Shake tray to make sure all chickpeas are coated.
7. Bake for around 25 minutes (give the tray a shake around half way through).
8. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Chickpeas will get crispier during the cooling process.
Serve in salads and soups, or have as a snack! Store in an air-tight container if you manage to not eat the lot! 🙂
Per serving (1/4 batch)
Calories: 97 calories