- 1/2 head white or red cabbage
- 2-3 medium cooked beetroot
- 1 large carrot
- 1/2 green apple
- 2-3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Salt & pepper to season
- Slice the cabbage finely & grate the carrot, apple & beetroot into a bowl.
- Measure out the liquids (oil, lemon & cider vinegar) before drizzling on the mixture & tossing with your hands until mixed evenly.
- Season with sea salt & pepper.
Done! That’s it. Use as a side to your meals, perfect when you’re trying to keep your starchy carbs to a minimum as it adds substance to your meals. 😀
I used in a wrap with roast chicken, veg & avocado
Give it a go & ditch the mayonnaise laden version – as nice as it is, try keeping it as a treat!