So I was at home a week ago & had the yummiest nachos ever in a local restaurant. I didn’t expect them to be the healthiest but I was definitely craving them on my return to Bahrain! So, as I do I decided to try a healthier, lower-calorie version of them & I must say they weren’t far off the real deal! 😀
- 1-2 Low-carb tortilla wraps (I used Tumaro’s brand-only 60kcals per wrap)
- Chilli Beef (recipe on the blog under Chilli Con Carne-can switch out the Kidney Beans for Black Beans for a more Mexican vibe 😛 )
- Home-made Guacamole (see recipe below)
- Fage 0% fat Greek Yogurt
- Low-fat Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- Olive oil or low-cal spray
- Seasoning of choice (Chilli, BBQ, Garlic)
- Pre-heat the oven to around 180-200 degrees celsius.
- Cut wrap into triangular shapes similar to nacho chips
- Spray/Drizzle oil on a baking tray, place mini triangular wraps on the tray, making sure they aren’t touching.
- Spray/Drizzle with oil on top & season well with desired flavour.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden & crispy.
- While ‘nacho chips’ are baking, prepare the chilli beef according to recipe (few recipes back on the blog).
- Prepare home-made guacamole by mixing the below ingredients well:
-1 avocado, mashed
-4-5 mini baby tomatoes, chopped
-1/2 small onion, chopped finely
-juice of 1/2 lime
-salt/garlic salt to season
- Serve greek yogurt in a small bowl, as well as guacamole & chilli beef separately.
- Remove ‘nachos’ from the oven.
- Split into 1 large or 2 small plate & sprinkle mozzarella on top.
- Melt the cheese under the grill & voila!!
The perfect “Fake-away” meal for a night in without the guilt of a heavily processed, unhealthy meal! Winning!
Give it a go & I’m sure you’ll love it!