The perfect morning shake to get your protein & caffeine hit in one 🙂
Very simple & easy to make, perfect if you’re in a hurry and can’t get breakfast. Although I don’t think I’m ever in that much of a hurry that I miss breakfast! 😀
What you need:
- Cup of coffee (cooled)
- 1 cup of chocolate almond milk (unsweetened – I used Almond Breeze brand)
- 1 scoop whey protein (I used Optimum Nutrition Hydro Whey Vanilla)
- *OPTIONAL: 1 tsp of coconut sugar or any sweetener (I used One green planet brand)
- Add the above ingredients to a blender or nutribullet, and blend.
- That’s it…..Done! Just pour into a takeaway cup if you’re in a hurry with some ice or a pretty glass jar to make it look the part! 🙂
With 140 kcals from the protein, 45 kcals from the almond milk & 15 kcals from the sugar, the end product has only around 200kcals and 32g protein! Perfect!