If you were ever lucky enough to get a Kelloggs Rice Krispie square in your lunch box as a child, you’ll understand that same excitement I had when I made this alternative that tastes almost as good!
- Puffed Rice x 100g (approx 4 cups)
- Protein Powder x 60g (approx 1/2 cup)
- Nut Butter x 65g (approx 1/4 cup)
- Coconut Oil x 2 Tbsp
- Honey/Agave Syrup/Maple Syrup x 170g (approx 1/2 cup)
- Dark Chocolate Square x 2 (70% Lindt)
- Baking spray or extra coconut oil
- Mix the puffed rice & protein powder in a bowl.
- Heat a saucepan with the nut butter, honey/agave/maple syrup over a medium heat until bubbling, and remove from heat.
- Add the liquid mixture to the puffed rice & protein powder, mixing well to cover the rice mixture.
- Spray/oil a square oven-proof dish before adding the mixture and pressing firmly until all corners are filled.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave before drizzling on top of the rice puffs mixture.
- Freeze for 20-30 minutes until firm before slicing into 12 squares.
Nutritional Info per square (serves 12):
- Kcals: 116
- Fat: 3g
- Carbs: 15g
- Protein: 6g
*Please be aware that the nutritional content can vary due to the different brands/ingredients used, these are the numbers for the ingredients I used.